View Single Post
Old
05-03-2014, 11:30 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
I want Paul freaking Stastny on this team. He was a monster for COL in their series against Minnesota. If that team didn't lose Barrie and had some better defensemen they win that series in 5 or 6.

The dude wins faceoffs, has finish, is an above average playmaker and can play defense. He would easily be the best C on our team. Stick Nash and MSL on his wings and I think you have one of the most formidable top lines in the league. Nash will benefit tremendously from some extra offensive zone faceoff wins, which Stepan isn't doing at nearly a high enough rate
I mean, in theory, it sounds freaking awesome...but in theory never ever seems to come to fruition in reality.

On paper, I agree that Paul Stastny is a great fit for this team, especially considering it would move Stepan to the 2nd line, and he could really benefit from the lesser competition. Both are very good defensive players as well. It would be a quite formidable 1-2 punch, especially with Brassard at 3C.

Nash-Stastny-MSL
Kreider-Stepan-(Miller?, Hagelin?)
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

Would be a great group of forwards. Second line could be beast if we get a RW for that unit. Not sure how it would work cap wise, though. Will do something on CapGeek to see if it's possible.