View Single Post
05-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Moving much too slow
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Manning doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence with Hagg. The only other Phantom you could argue played as well was Alt. I'm really hoping Hagg surprises some people and makes the team. As much as I would love to see Ghost, I think he'll get exposed defensively. He's very depended on his speed, he would just blow past people. In the NHL he won't be able to do that as often.
I mostly agree, I think Hagg is likely to be closer to NHL-ready than Ghost due to his size, experience against men, and his style of play. But I still would like to see them both get more time in the AHL. I would like to see more offense from Hagg playing with the Phantoms. I think he's been a little tentative in the games he's played so far.

If either one of them makes the Flyers out of TC then well, they make the Flyers out of TC. But if so they are going to struggle. Everyone does. Fans should be prepared for that and I'm not sure everyone is. To expect either of these kids to just jump into a top 4 role and replace say, Timonen would be incredibly naive.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote