View Single Post
Old
05-05-2014, 09:12 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Even saying talent is a stretch. I know the kid can play and is talented. No doubt. But making such statements based on his play against college kids is a bit risky. Don't take this as me saying he is going to fail or anything like that, but he's never played in the NHL. If you are saying he has the talent TO BECOME a top four defenseman, then ok. But having never played against NHL players, it is a pretty bold statement for you to say he has the talent of a top four defender right now.
He does have the talent to play in the top four right now, at least he does for this club. With the talent, he needs the experience of actually doing it to get better. What's the problem with starting him on the third pair next year? Are we afraid that he won't be as good as Grossmann or Schenn? His skating alone makes him a better fit for the current NHL. This guy is 21, not 19. He's the same age that most prospects at his level are when they make their debuts in the NHL. Laughton will be over a full year younger than Ghost when they start the season next year, and I don't see many people struggling to put him on the roster. Like I said, the only thing holding him back should be if they don't feel that he can handle the pro schedule being nearly twice as long the NCAA's.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote