View Single Post
Old
03-11-2007, 03:54 PM
AJ1982

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I am sorry, but if Hollweg two handed Simon in the face I would in no way be "supporting" Hollweg. Most Rangers fans didn't support Purinton when he did his eye gouge routine either. Nolan's comments suggest that he thinks Hollweg made the most out of the incident. Excuse me, but you'll have to forgive me if I call those comments ********. When you get chopped in the ****ing FACE it might take awhile to get your bearings and figure out that you are okay. I don't have any animosity for Islanders fans in general but if you support Simon, Nolan's comments or believe that Hollweg somehow was embellishing the incident then I think you need a reality check or at least put on your homer dunce cap. The whole incident isn't about a rivalry, it is about a dangerous act that could have created another Bertuzzi/Moore like incident. Nolan should give some credit to Hollweg for moving on already without pressing charges against Simon. I always liked Nolan, thought he should have gotten another job in the NHL a long time ago, but comments like that (taken out of context or otherwise) are stupid, ignorant and classless.