Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
carrying the flag
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Originally Posted by MarleauApologist View Post
I want to go back through my post history now and find when I said trading Pavelski alone for Nash would be an awful trade, let alone Pavelski+Couture or Couture+1st
Given that Pavelski's at one hell of a peak while Nash is slumping, I'm sure that would indeed look quite ridiculous.

Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
One of the few trades Sather lost on.
You'd think, after Tyutin & Fritsche for Zherdev and Backman, that Sather would have learned better than to negotiate with Howson.

Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post
He won't fight for the puck, he won't go into the corners, and he won't drive the net. He is a perimiter player who fires wristers into the chest and pads of the goalie from a safe distance. Maybe some of it is the concussions and fear of getting hurt again, which is unfortunate, but if you can't play you shouldn't be out there and if you're out there, you need to put some effort into going to the greasy areas to get the job done. Rick Nash simply isn't that guy.
That's definitely concussion/injury fear. He wasn't nearly consistent enough about fighting for pucks when he played here, but it wasn't as though he abstained entirely.

Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards_____________________________
Joining The Battle as We Fight, We March With Us Carrying The Hardcore Hockey Flag All Out All Season 'cause you Gotta See It Ignite The Night Live at Jackets Time
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote