View Single Post
Old
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Where have I heard this before?

The simple fact is, when Bryz is in net, it's extremely likely that the opposition will put up 3 or 4 goals. Yeah, they might be sniped shots...but Bryz just so happens to get "sniped" more than any goalie in the league. It's to the point where he isn't getting sniped, he's just failing to make saves.
OK, but he was referring to this series, and while you probably have a point there in general, you don't have a good argument when you're talking about these two games in particular. You seriously can't just look at the numbers or conclude that something that holds in general holds in the specific. If you watched the post-game show after game 2, you'd see even Jonesy and Roenick would vehemently disagree with you. That doesn't make them right, of course, but I see no reason as to why they'd be defending Bryz so strongly if he played poorly. Certainly, they would at least add some qualifiers to their positive comments.

Also, BP 1974 was annoying as **** when Bryz was here, but, come on, I can't believe how much people are stretching to show he's wrong in saying the situation is ironic. If he finds it unexpected and amusing that a goalie that started in the ECHL and everyone here was saying is terrible has now made it further than Mason and Bobrovsky, is he really that far off?