Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Chinaman
Brad Ference
Bryan Allen
HSedin-DSedin
Nathan Smith
Umberger
Kesler

Those have been our 1st rounders since 97. Allen is the only blue chip, Kesler is a mature checker, Sedin's are just starting to turn the corner (for sure ?).

Burke has shown he can't draft his way out of a bubble in the first round, besides they've said they'll over pay with youth.

Lilja is a possible top dman, he's also big which fits the d core and can fill in as our 7th.
Who cares what Burke has drafted with his 1st rounders? That's not the issue. The issue is that 1st rounders are solid assets to use in trades and your offer is severely overpaying IMO. Say Lilja is worth at best a 2nd rounder(he's not). That means Kozlov would be traded for two 1st's, King, and Mojzis. Suuuuuuuure....

Quote:
Kozlov is a hail mary in hoping he can complete the Sedin line.
So you're willing to part with two 1st's, assets that could be used to get a better player, on Kozlov who could work with the Sedins. Ok.....

Quote:
Were you expecting Kozlov,Lilja for King,Mojzis alone ?
Where have I proposed a deal anything similar to this? I really don't think the Panthers and Canucks are good fits. The Panthers need defense, and the Canucks can't really trade any right now. In any case, I sure as hell wouldn't trade two 1st's, a 2nd, King and Mojsis for Kozlov and Lilja. That's a hefty overpayment.