View Single Post
Old
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
What exactly did you expect? Dominance? Regardless of Larry Brooks' prediction of a cup win, we all knew this was a flawed team. We are 6 points (with a game in hand) from the 6th seed, which is where we ended last season. Add together the great steps Hartford has taken (along with some of our other prospects) and the fact that despite the majority of our core being injured we are still fighting for the playoffs, I dont think the season is as dissapointing as some people want it to be.
This is more or less what I expected from the team. My comment was against this thread not the team. Seems like every time the Rangers get on a roll or something the usual suspects have to start a thread where they can fluff their feathers, blow their trumpets, and question the loyalties of any fan who isn't bouncing off the walls over what has been another sub-par season. However, half the 'true-believers' in this thread were ready to bury the team and throw themselves into oncoming traffic when things looked bleak. We all want the same things for this team. You can't compare team loyalty and the purpose of this board. Everyone comes here for different reasons. For some it's a chance to rattle the pots and pans and celebrate this team to the max. For posters such as myself, it's a chance to kinda kick the dog when things are going badly. And others just want to round-table dicuss the team. Break the game down and critique performances. I don't get what the big deal is or why a thread is needed every time the team picks itself up off the ice for a few games.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote