View Single Post
Old
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Holmgren's tenure was an uneven one...very inconsistent in my book just like his teams It seemed he didn't really have a cohesive longitudinal plan to piece together a cohesive roster. It just seemed he was approaching things year to year. He was also too much of a gambler with his GM approach. It wasn't measured. Sometimes he would hit the homeruns but then if he didn't his plan B, C, and D would amount to an F. How much of all of this was in part due to Snider not completely empowering Homer to be his own man is debateable but I do think in the last few years Snider has been more of a negative influence. Honestly, what I want to see out of Hextall is a consistent plan on how to assemble a roster that competes night in and night out and is an actual contender not this cusp playoff team mediocrity we have been experiencing of late....
That's Paul Holmgren: always going for the homerun, hit or miss,... Homer was known for his bold but risky moves. What Hextall stands for remains to be seen....

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote