Old
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
There is nothing wrong with trading picks/prosects/young players for established talent, as long as we aren't trading three 1sts in a row like we did for Pronger which wouldn't have been as bad if he was still playing today. Or trading a 1st for a rental like Versteeg and then trading him for a 2nd. I have no problem trading those picks/prospects as long as the return is going to be in our long term plans and we aren't trading 1st round picks 3 and 4 years into the future.
Yeah, it's fine in the right situations. There really isn't any situation where it's OK to ditch 5+ years of first and second round picks and prospects taken in those rounds, though.

I'm neutral on this move. Hextall said a lot of exciting things, but words aren't actions. We'll see how it goes.

I'm very glad Holmgren stays. I disagreed with some of his moves but his eye for talent is excellent. I believe he said he wanted to get back to scouting...Homer focusing on scouting without having to worry about other GM stuff can only be a good asset for the organization.