Thread: UFA´s 08/09
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Its just that with Joe T I don't see a reason for SJ not to offer him every single $ we will offer him.

They got money. He is their team. He is worth more for them then anyone else.

In Pittsburg Crosby is the guy. Jordan Staal won't be cheap. Marc-Andre Fleury won't be cheap. These guys are still really young, and its defenitly possible that they will commit to pretty cheap longterm contracts untill they are 26-27. But I also think there are some potential to steal Malkin before that. If Crosby gets lets say 8m per season, could they match a 10m/per, 5 years offer for Malkin? That could leave them in a situation were they would have to choose between gooing with 2 mega stars with bad surrondings, or a team lead by Crosby and great backup.

BTW, there wasn't a individual cap in the CBA? There were talk, but did they get it in? I don't remember hearing about it, could be wrong though...

Its probably just wishful thinking and daydreaming on my part, but I would love to see it happend!
There is an individual cap in place. It's 20% of the cap on any 1 player. So if the cap were to be raised to 50m in the next year or two, the player cap would be 10m.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote