View Single Post
Old
05-08-2014, 01:25 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Our cb's are not good. THey are in the lower 3rd of nfl teams. I agree our whole front 7 needs to be overhauled. They are built for the 4-3 not the 3-4. I could see them even going with a huge NT and then shifting logan out to de. Attachao is a guy i really want but i have a feeling he goes early 2nd round. Barr is a guy that I don't think will be at 22 and have seen him going to tennessee in the first round which is the 13th pick.
Never said our corners are good, but they aren't the weak link either. Boykin is a very good slot and I really like Carroll. There is value later in the draft at corner. There's no guarantee the first round pick jumps in and plays significant snaps. That's my point. I can't see this team drafting a guy in the first and having him play behind veterans. They don't really have the luxury to either. They have so many needs. Like I said, I can see Fuller, because he can wear different hats.

I conceded the draft may play out that they have no choice, but to take a receiver or corner. I hate the idea of drafting a safety in the first unless they are elite (*cough*Earl Thomas*cough*). I'll throw up if Louis Nix is the pick. Can't believe how people hyped him up. Just what this team needs, a NT that can't rush the passer.

Unfortunately the pass rushers are few and far between and it looks like the Eagles will miss out on Clowney and Mack (obviously) and probably Barr. And then it will be too early to take the second and third tier guys at 22: Ford, DeMarcus Lawrence, Ealy (5-tech), Marcus Smith, Carl Bradford, Attaochu, etc.

I don't know what they are going to do, but it will be hard to mess it up. They could use a lot.