View Single Post
Old
05-08-2014, 04:28 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Hartnell's three most common ES linemates were G, Voracek (our two best forwards) and Streit (finished 10th among D-men in ES scoring and had 44 points overall).

Moulson's played a lot with Tavares and had some really good years. I think they're saying his shot and the fact that he's put up impressive numbers with a star player in the recent past makes him a good fit for Giroux.

Edit: Since the 11-12 season Hartnell has averaged ~28 g and ~56 points while playing next to G (that's when they became regular line mates). In that same span Moulson has avg'd ~33 goals and 71pts per 82 while playing next to Tavares. So he has been the better producer overall but in terms of ES, ~62 percent of Moulson's total points came at ES and ~53 percent of his goals came at ES compared to Hartnell's ~63 percent and ~55 percent respectively. So actually Hartnell produces more (relatively speaking) at ES but Moulson is the better point producer overall.

**Note that Hartnell's numbers are based on a 192 game sample size while Moulson's are based on a 140 game sample size**
I'd be interested in G/60 for those two, and seeing how their general ice time at ES and overall compare. I'd think that Moulson, with Tavares, was getting a few minutes more per game than Hartnell. That's just my assumption, though.