View Single Post
Old
03-13-2007, 05:59 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I hate giving the Rangers management any credit

but when it's due I have to step up and do so since I like to bash them so much I think I would lose credibility as a poster if I didn't acknowledge this.

The Rangers team today, heavy European flavor on the top line, placing a heavy emphasis on the east west game as opposed to the north south game (which I very much prefer). Nylander may not be resigned, Straka has been and will be here next year, Jagr still has one year left at the very least 2 years if the option year has been vested.

If we take a look at what our system is, it's in direct contrast with this. all of our top prospects save Korpiedo and Immonen (and I think Immonen's time has passed) are all of the NA variety. The centers in Dubinsky and now Pyatt are NA style players, the Wingers in Callahan, Bourret, Dawes, Byers, Kozak, Helminen, Moore and Jessiman are also all more of the north south players that should be feeding the parent club. Even the defenceman are of the north south type players. Martin Richter would be the lone consideration to play a more east west game but he's played well in the Pack's system and has seemed to fit in.

I'm not saying that there's no place on the team for the e/w guys, but that teams in the NHL win playing a more N/S oriented game and I think, hope that the influx of these players start over the summer and at the beginning of next year because some of those guys you see on the hartford team now will not be there next year with the influx of Pyatt, Staal, Sauer, Dupont.

Now after giving Sather and his staff some credit I have to throw in this caveat in that all that drafting and stocking the system with these players will mean little to nothing at all if the players that we have do not start showing up in NY. You can have the greatest farm team in the world, but it will mean little if you do not allow them to skate on the big surface (warts and all) to show that they belong.

just an observation, now I'm off to work (and a little late after posting my thoughts) damn.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote