View Single Post
Old
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
dave4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
Penguins/Islanders/Flyers/Penguins/Devils/Devils/Islanders/Penguins/Penguinsagain/Islanders/Devils/Flyers/Penguins/Devils/Islanders....***!?!?!?

I look forward to the rare games against Ottawa, Carolina, Atlanta, and the other teams that are in the same conference yet we never see. The Western Conference has what....8 or 9 games a year against NYR? I can't remember the last time they played Nashville, Colorado, or Phoenix. Yet every other day it's Crosby or Brodeur...
Totally agree with your post. We did play in Phoenix earlier this year, and I think we played Nashville too. But your point is valid.

Thank Gary Bettman, he pushed this through with the help of GMs like Lou Lamoriello. They need a 2/3 vote to change it last month, and fell a vote or two short. Next year is the third year of a three year cycle, after that they won't need a 2/3 vote to change it.

Except for Islander/Ranger games after a vicious stick-swinging incident, the schedule is not doing what it intended to do...create and emphasize rivalries. It seems like we play the Devils so often it's not even an 'event' anymore.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote