View Single Post
Old
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
were thrusted into duty because of injuries too. Girardi and Dubinsky being the only two current guys on this roster who played in Hartford this season, aside from the vet, Isbister (and JOrt's rehab stint).

On Cally - I don't think he's improved at all this season - he looks the same now as he did earlier in the season - he's kind of plateuaed in the AHL, much like I think Staal may've in the OHL.

Dawes looks the same now as he did last season. Thought maybe before they went and got Dupuis that either should've been given a look. Also wouldn't miind seeing Cally in there instead of Isbister, but I guess HFD needs Cally more since Isbister wasn't contributing too much in HFD.
Of course they were..And when they were recalled, they were ready. And that is what a farm is for...

I think the point on Callahan is that this is a kid in his first professional season..Notalways does scoring in Juniors translate to consistent scoring in the AHL...Callahan needed time in the AHL o prove that, and he has..And also that he can play in any type of situation (PP, ES, PK, defensive, offensive) at the AHL level consisently..And at the same time developing as a player and as a person..And to say, Callahan has plateued may be ignoring the knowledge and experience of the game he is gaining by playing 20 mins a night..All that being said, I agree he is ready to take the next step to see if he can do this at the NHL level but also thing this season in hartford was necessar and beneficial..

I think where we disagree is that though I agree I wouldn't mind seeing kids like Callahan, Dawes recalled, I think they are only becoming more complete players down in the AHL and not sure if either provided a better option then what we have used...As an example, I think Isbister RIGHT NOW is a much better fit then a Callahan..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote