View Single Post
Old
05-09-2014, 06:30 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
There is a bigger picture, a context that needs to be considered as well.
Does Laughton stay with the Phantoms? What's Hextall's opinion about Brayden Schenn and might he be moved?

And even more important: does Vinny want out? Unless Lecavalier has become some sort of cancer there is no immediate need to move him asap. Even if Timonen and his 6M cap hit is back for another season they are not in any serious trouble cap-wise....
If Berube (and/or Hextall) sit down with Vinny and say 'look, you know how this season went. We just don't see it changing,' Vinny will want out. He's not a fourth liner, and I'm sure deep down inside, he was unhappy with how the year went on a number of levels. Gagne said it a few years ago: if a team wants to trade you, they will trade you.

Frankly, even if Lavy was still the coach, Lecavalier doesn't fit on this team. It was a bad signing this summer for all the reasons people have said, and it was predicated on B Schenn/Vinny playing wing, which I think most people could've seen was not a good idea. I feel badly for the guy. Hopefully, they can part on amicable terms and he'll rebound somewhere else.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote