View Single Post
Old
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I'd say Lundqvist is the closest homegrown player the Rangers have right now to being a star or superstar. But he's not there yet. When I think of superstars I think of players who are recognized all around the league as being elite players. I think if you polled fans of other teams, they'd say Jagr is the Rangers' superstar, not Lundqvist. Lundqvist needs to be more consistent over the course of an entire season. As great as he's been since the new year started, he was pretty shaky from October-December. But I'm still confident in his abilities and I'm excited to see how he plays this year in the playoffs if the Rangers make it and then going into next season. Because he has a great personality and he's very well spoken. Henke just seems to be made for some type of stardom.
Yep, can you imagine what his numbers would have been right now had he played as well as he has now in the beginning of the season?
Not using that as an excuse, but he would be up there with the top 3 in stats. Here's to hoping he plays the whole season next year, as do the Rangers

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote