View Single Post
Old
02-11-2004, 05:56 PM
anonymous*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I'm not arguing that, I thought he played great. My point is that there is a big difference between being up 2-1 and being up 4-1. Niittymaki has proved he can play great, but he still has to prove he can handle the pressure of a much closer game

Our definitions of "Stealing a win" are just different.
He also needs to prove he can handle the pressure of more games. It's been 3 games so far for a guy who isn't coming in with a win or be traded cloud over his head. He loses any of those games and he just needs more seasoning, no pressure.

Try to remeber that the team played great agianst the Devil's in all but the third game. Hackett let in big ol' softies every time to destroy the confidence. All the team needs is a goalie to make the stops he's supposed to. Niity did that and Esche never got the chance. Any of those tense moments when Niity didn't know where the puck was against a more potent offense and Niity is a sieve and everyone is BLAMING him. There's a whole team out there that isn't the team that Burke played behind before. They're a team that is gaining it's confidence since Hackett left and Esche took over. They're a team that is defensively responsible. They're a team that CAN score 4 or 5 goals a game. They're a team that clamped down on Tampa after two quick goals against Little.