View Single Post
Old
05-10-2014, 12:54 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Yikes....I know Panotch wrote this but my comments are mostly about the actual quotes from Hextall and Holmgren.

You wonder what Hextall was really thinking in his brain when he came here and saw the situation with the farm team. He was probably like WTF garbage is this.

Also, given Hextall's philosophy he probably would not have gone after Pronger in the first place...

Finally, it's nice to see Holmgren admit what others have been saying about getting a franchise D man....

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...-huge-priority
was it last year or the year before we had an argument on this very board about the importance of a good foundation of prospects in the minors. There were some who justified it because of the young age of the core. which the organization finally admitted this week is a load of crap.

EDIT: I don't mean you as in we. I meant there was a long discussion about it with many of us on this board. went on for a little while I think.
as far as getting that franchise defenseman I agree you are better off trying to groom and develop your own guy because they are either not available or the cost is extremely high and potentially crippling your teams depth.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote