Thread: Player Discussion: Erik Gustafsson (2012-13 season and beyond)
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Doors

vCash: 500
Gus interviewed yesterday in swedish about future, his participation in World Cup and more. Pretty interesting!

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsi...rtikel=5859190

Most relevant parts from a Flyer perspective:

- After Christmas I think I've earned more playing time than I got, says Gustafsson, who admits that it's been a hard year.

- Of course it has been difficult. It's easy to believe that it's just glamor to be a NHL player, but sometimes it's really tough for us just like everyone else.

When the season was over, Erik Gustafsson said right after the last game that he wanted to play for team Sweden in the World Cup.

- There was no question. I wanted to get the chance to play and to end the season on a good and fun way.

Before Gustafsson left North America, he had a meeting with the Flyers who was positive to extend the contract and continue to go in for Gustafsson. But even so, he hesitates over his future.

- I want to play more hockey than I've done this year. No one develops from sitting on the side, so we'll see, says Gustafsson, who would prefer to stay in the NHL, but if he doesn't get enough of ice time there he can imagine playing in Europe.

- Then I'll aim for the KHL.