View Single Post
Old
05-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Winter Eclipse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Bumping this thread instead of making another one about Lars Eller.

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

PLEASE let the line ups look like this starting next year:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Vrbata
Prust - Briere - Weise

**DD is traded to Nashville for Ellis

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj
I'm a fan of Eller, but in no way do I see him as a #1C. He's actually an ideal 3rd line guy, as I think the POs have shown.

The issue with DD isn't his talent/size; he's been the best player on his line every game, and usually by a very wide margin.

His two issues are (1) the vast amount of offensive capital MT invests in him, and (2) that he's the most expendable of all the Habs' centers: he can't take on the defensive roles the team asks of Plekanec and Eller, and Galchenyuk has a higher ceiling than DD, so...

Eller should be kept not because he's a #1C, but because he's a more versatile #3C than DD.