View Single Post
Old
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
A few observations having just made it back from the game:

Giving up a goal in the first stretch of each period really took the starch out of the Preds particularly the 1st and 3rd where we had/could have had some real momentum.

Great play on the bank pass by the Red Wings and the best that I have seen Ozzie in goal against the Preds. Also great PK by the Wings, particularly in the 3rd when we had a chance to tie it up.

Not a great game by TV in my opinion although I'm told the 4th goal went off of a skate.

This team really really misses Sully and Hartnell who I would argue are our two most important forwards this year. Sully's speed and ability to hang onto the puck (in addition to those fast break, cherry picking moves twice a game) and make the pass and Harts ability to create traffic are tough to live without.

I thought Leggy had trouble carrying the puck up the ice, explained by the post game show that he nearly didn't go tonight b/c of the flu. Good effort to gut it out.

Zids has lost his mojo. It's gone. It likely will not come back this year. He and Vish are battling it out for non-scoring out of position d-men but I give the edge to Vish b/c he occasionally runs over people, whereas Zids now never scores or makes the great pass.

Rads with a very solid game likely will be on the first line tomorrow.

Erat-- I'm guessing a knee. Did they say on the broadcast or could you tell from the replay? Lets pray sprain not ripped apart but the way he twisted around on that play looked bad.

I thought the effort in the 2nd was poor but 1st and 3rd not bad.

Suter with what I thought was a very good game and Weber with another strong outing.

I'm glad we are playing again tomorrow or this would be even harder to take. Lose tomorrow and I'll be in a funk for a while, although even then I think we still would have a decent chance of winning the division, which I would not have said a week ago.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote