View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 02:37 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I love the Pens. The whole city of Pittsburgh, really (but not quite as much as I love Nashville). I've spent a lot of time up there and in Johnstown where my family is from, so I'm a huge Pens, Pirates, Steelers and Pitt fan. Yes, I really do love the Pirates, even though it's been painful.

When I was at Pitt, you better believe I took advantage of the student rush tickets. Once me and a sorority sister (a big Ranger fan) went to a Pens/Rangers game and got SR tickets 7 rows from the glass. It was such a great game, too. The Pens won like 8-6, and I think Jagr had a hattrick. We went over by where the Rangers came out on the ice and were like, "OMG there's Messier, there's Leetch!" to almost every player that came by. They were just standing there waiting to come out on the ice looking at us like we were nuts. It was the best!

I just could not imagine Pittsburgh without the Pens. There's no way they could let that team leave, not with what they have right now and what they could have in the next few years.

I'm just so tired of reading all these gloom and doom pieces about the Preds. I really wish they would just shut up and get some facts before the go spouting off about stuff they don't know about. And stop trying to stir controversy with this crap in the Nashville media itself. When it's fans saying things, I chalk it up to bitterness that they lost to the Preds. They all want these southern teams to move, but can't see that doing that would hurt the league more than help it. I mean, they're so happy to hear about Japan getting a new ice rink, or Mexico or Puerto Rico hosting a game, but God forbid a team in the southern US try to grow the game of hockey.

Here's to the Penguins, Predators and 28 other healthy franchises!!!!!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote