View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 07:01 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
3 games in 4 days, and changing up the powerplay strategy in the final period of these games? It might not have been executed properly, and ANOTHER shorthanded fluke goal could've gotten them. Better to use the two minutes to eat up the clock, take a chance or two, and guarantee the point for overtime, as a loss to Carolina in regulation would have been devastating...but I agree, the lines definitely need to be shifted now.

which leads me to another complaint - why are the rangers so terrible on 4v4?
The argument can and has been made for many months now that the pp units should be changed. I know that the point men have been discussed since at least November. It's no excuse to hide behind "it's too late now" because its not a new development. If change takes time to fix things then how come Mara, a recent acquisition, is having more success than anyone else on the point? These guys have been playing hockey for 20+ years, if they can't figure out how to take advantage of a shorthanded team without several practices then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Oh wait...

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote