View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Euro Bashers: You sicken me

You know who you are... you relentlessly bash Jagr, Nylander, and practically every other European player on the Rangers, perhaps in the rest of the league too.
You might bash Lundqvist too (although not for being European).

Face it, this Ranger team was supposed to finish LAST in the NHL last year. They made the playoffs, and if not for the Olympics, may have captured the division too.
This year, despite all the horrible officiating, bad luck, and injuries (including Jagr and Straka being much less than 100%), they are still contending for the playoffs again.

You will say Euros are soft and poor leaders, but fans (using the term very loosely) like yourselves are usually the personification of every imagined shortcoming and flaw that you project onto these players. It might be time to refill your medications.

Don't you know that the only reason this team has even come close to the playoffs the past two seasons is due to Europeans? Without Lundqvist, Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Tyutin, etc. this team would basically be an AHL team. If you want to watch an AHL team play North American style hockey, go watch an AHL game, where at least they aren't expected to beat NHL teams every game. The tickets are a lot cheaper too, I'm sure!

If this team makes the playoffs this year, please don't bother posting any more, because if you ungrateful bashers had your way, this team wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs. Somehow I think you'd still find plenty of stuff to complain about and blow your top post after post.