View Single Post
Old
05-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Hate to be a pessimist but this thread is silly.

Galchenyuk hasn't proven that he could even play centre, much less the first line. It was his sophomore season and he didn't do much of anything and lost his spot to an awful Eller and Desharnais. He's as far from a sure bet as you could have.

Plekanec is a two-way player, sure, but he's not going to strike fear in the hearts of our opponents. He's not that great. He's no Bergeron.

Gallagher is great, but hasn't shown much skill - he plays a bang 'em game. Sure.

Subban is a star. Price is a star. Tinordi? What has he proved?
Two top line wingers.
Arguably the best blueliner in the league (top 5 for sure)
Arguably the best goalie in the league (top 5 for sure)
An excellent 2nd pairing blueliner
A good young 3rd pairing blueliner
A good 2 way center
A good 2nd line winger who goes to the net
A good 3rd line center who plays a two way game.

That's a lot of the pieces you need to win. Galchenyuk can't be considered a number one next year. We should start grooming him (should've started this year actually but MT is an idiot) though regardless of who we keep add at center.

If we added a legit number one pivot though... Seriously man, that's a very complete group.

Briere should go, DD should go (I know some won't agree with me on that but he should) Murray and Cube MUST go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Yeah, the guy is looking for a player that simply does not exist. Good plan.

You know what else would make us a contender overnight? A 100 points scoring defensemen who's 6'6, good in his zone, can fight and clear the crease. Plays 35 min. a game too. And if he's good at faceoffs, I'd be willing to pay him an extra 0.5M/year.
Eric Lindros pre-concussion.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote