View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
[/I]

As I posted, you certainly have a right to give a different perspective. What you don't have a right to do is belittle another poster for their opinion. Feel free to argue...just don't belittle . I don't think its unreasonable or unfair. Where is the double standard, he says, personally, he FEELS its classless for people to boo. That is a statement of opinion. He didn't say people who boo are classless. Now when you tell him to get off his soapbox, you are basically preaching to him.
"As I posted, you certainly have a right to give a different perspective."
Amen and hallelujah!!!

"What you don't have a right to do is belittle another poster for their opinion."
Who was belittling his opinion? I think it's honorable that he refuses to boo win-lose-draw. What I did "belittle" is his OTHER opinion that fans who boo are classless and disgraceful. Isn't that a belittling comment? And that's where the double standard lies.

"Where is the double standard, he says, personally, he FEELS its classless for people to boo."
The double standard lies with YOU! You're slapping my hand for telling him to get off his high horse, accusing me of making belittling remarks, but 'agree 100%' with his belittling opinion that fans who boo are classless and disgraceful. It's okay to belittle, as long as the act of belittle is carried out in a manner in which you agree.

"He didn't say people who boo are classless."
Here's what he said: "To me it shows no class at all." Well what does that mean then? It shows no class when people boo. People who boo are without class.

"Now when you tell him to get off his soapbox, you are basically preaching to him."
Maybe in the fuzzy-headed world of the fanboy, but not in the world of sane and realistic critical thought.

Last edited by Shadowtron: 03-14-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote