View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Fans want results (goal scoring).

Speaking for myself, I very much love to watch highly-skilled players controlling, moving, passing and playmaking the puck.

But when there are no results and it all becomes like a Ballerina Ice Folly, it becomes pretentious and wasteful.

If they were getting consistent results (goal scoring), you would not see anyone complaining.

Especially with New York fans. New Yorkers don't enjoy a lot of pomp, flash and show with nothing of susbstance to drive it home for the finale.

If Nylander and Jagr buried the puck at least 50% of the time they're out there doing their fancy-smanchie Ballet; you wouldn't see anyone angry or frustrated.

Ultimately, the responsibility falls on the shoulders of Jagr and Nylander to get some results from their whirling ballet. Not the fans.
&Rangerboy-

I agree 100% with RangerBoy, its not a euro thing, or atleast no much of a Euro thing.

Its patience. The talk about NY beeing able to rebuild is just laughable right now. If people say that they can handle a rebuild, I am sure they can, but there is defenitly proof right now that it would be a living hell for everyone involved, staff, coaches and players.

Allot of people are using "its New York" as a excuse to be stupid right now.

I have no doubt in my mind that Renney were into the decision of not signing big UFA's in the offseason, to not commiting 25m over 5 years on a Pavel Kubina, to not commit 25m for Marc Savard, because of the risk to stand there with them in 5 years. Who in their right mind would take a job here in NY without making sure that the future is now after the heat Renney have taken?

What will the brass approch be next season? If its "win now", can anyone blame them?

Quite frankly, I feel that the atmosphere around the team right now is nothing but pure treachery. By the fans and by the media. That really dissapoints me.

Is that NY?