View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Who's on the soapbox now? Are you the designated PP booers union rep around here or something? Are you running for office?

I don't know what I like better...the king of sarcasm telling me to stop with the sarcastic baby crap...or the Jim-Dandy, Heavy-handed, fanboy snobbery jargon you throw into your posts.

The reality of it is in all your ranting and raving which is clearly more of a hazing on the new guy than anything else. I attempted to bring a hockey discussion into your response on the way the team was constructed, but you were too busy trying to rip apart my post than anything else. But it doesn't matter, I still feel boooing this team is classless. It's my opinion, and if I offended any of you boo'ers by saying that then maybe you can speak up for yourselves rather than having the boo union rep handle the matter.

and you still haven't answered my question..."what good can possibly come out of the Garden booing a the team in thier own building at a crucial point of the game?"

I guess that's cause you are too busy trying to bust my balls.

"Who's on the soapbox now? Are you the designated PP booers union rep around here or something? Are you running for office?"

Nope. I told you to get off the soapbox, was called to task for it and responded. I didn't just spit an un-requested sermon onto the board telling people who think or act certain way are classless.

"I don't know what I like better...the king of sarcasm telling me to stop with the sarcastic baby crap...or the Jim-Dandy, Heavy-handed, fanboy snobbery jargon you throw into your posts."

Well let me know when you figure it out.

"The reality of it is in all your ranting and raving which is clearly more of a hazing on the new guy than anything else."

I'm not ranting or raving. I made one comment to you and was ready to walk away. But since I was more or less asked to express myself further, I have. I'm not hazing you, hell, I'm not even angry with you. I just thought it a bit rude for a new member of the board to come on here preaching a fan philosophy that includes insulting anyone who doesn't agree with it. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I attempted to bring a hockey discussion into your response on the way the team was constructed, but you were too busy trying to rip apart my post than anything else."

Because I'm not interested in your feelings about the team or how/why you don't boo. That's not the discussion you and I are having.

"But it doesn't matter, I still feel boooing this team is classless. It's my opinion, and if I offended any of you boo'ers by saying that then maybe you can speak up for yourselves rather than having the boo union rep handle the matter."

It's not classless. It's an expression of sentiment. Calling people classless for doing so is...classless. Do you always need more than one person to convince that perhaps your comment was a tad insulting?

"what good can possibly come out of the Garden booing a the team in thier own building at a crucial point of the game?"

What answer would you like me to give? It relieves fan stress. It lets management know that the fans are unhappy with the product. It lets the players know they're playing poorly. And I'm willing to bend and say it tightens up the players, makes them nervous. But neither cheering nor booing has had a profound affect on this team one way or the other. If success was measured by the volume of our voices, I'm sure there'd have been more than 4 Cups in the Rangers rich 80 year history.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote