Thread: Two Pucks
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2004, 12:22 AM
drewcon40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushingRocket
Alright, I know this is completely off topic, but I was talking with a friend of mine who has just recently become a hockey fan, just about some of my memories about the 1994 Cup run, and how that sealed my love of hockey and the rangers, Messier's prediction, Stephan Matteau, Richter's save on Bure. I was ten and early on in the playoffs, my parents didn't let me stay up for the games, so I'd keep a transistor radio under my pillow and listen to the end of the games...In any case, we were watching a game the other day and something strange happened on the ice, sparking somebody to say, "that was the strangest thing I've ever seen happen during a game." Immediately I remember the controversy during the playoffs where everybody thought the rangers scored, but a fan actually threw a puck from the stands into the goal, triggering the light. Does anybody have a link to a site that recounts exactly what happened, or would be willing to recount it? Did the guy who did it get caught? What game was it in? etc...
I'll give you all I remember. It was during the 1992-93 season. It was not a playoff game. I beleive it was March 24, 1993 after looking in the media guide. It was against the Flyers. I beleive Ed Olcyzk and Eric Lindros (Flyers) both had hat-tricks that night???? Can anyone else help? If I am not mistaken, didn't someone jump on the ice as well that game? That game was a mess, pretty symbolic of the 92-93 season.