View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 07:09 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I think this is the first time I disagree with you mcphee.

I think Johnson is the ideal 3rd liner. He leads the team in ES points and is great defensively. He also seems to me like a good veteran guy to have on the team. Like it's been stated before, he would most likely have near 50 points had he gotten some PP time, as he normally did with Pheonix. At $2m I would love to have him back.

With Pleks as our 3rd line centre next year, I think Johnson could have an even better season.

And although I really like Bonk, I think it's time for him to go, especially if we re-sign Johnson.

As for Laps, I don't think he'd be good enough to be a 3rd liner. He's the ideal 4th liner with Bégin.
I like Johnson, more than I thought I would. It's not his fault in any way, but the team may need the $ for other issues, whether it's shoring up the D or competing for an elite offensive player. I'd like to see him on the team, I'm just not sure if it'll work. You may have a point about his numbers. If Johnson has 50 points, it means you have a lousy team and he's getting pp minutes because there are no better option. Still, I'd hate to not get a #1 or 2 d man or a top 25 scorer because you have too much $ tied up on the checking line.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote