Thread: Player Discussion: The All Things Beaulieu Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2014, 11:39 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Agree. This "Player X IS BETTER THAN Player Y" argument ignores team need, eg a Ford F-150 is better than a Porsche 911 if you need to plow something. Murray has his role and played it well.

If MT had brought Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn along properly this season we wouldn't be having this discussion.

What are the chances that NB into the lineup was a MB decision, GM pulling rank??
This is a very interesting question.

I have hated the way the Habs have dealt with players with attitude issues or behavior incidents because that has cost us Roy, Chelios, Ribs, Carbonneau etc. I liked that MB came from the hawks because they had a guy like that in Kane, but he is still a hawk, so I thought MB would be more patient. MB also set up mentors, loved it. MB just also seems like a more tolerant guy.

To me, I would think at first glance that it would be the GM who would have to say this player has attitude problems and will cool his heels in the AHL. In that case of course it falls on MB.

On the other hand, I am now wondering if it was MT. If he heard about how Beaulieu responded on being sent back and decided he wouldn't play him. Given MTs treatment of PK that more fits his personality than that of MB. If I was a conspiracy guy I would also think of how keeping Beaulieu in the minors would also help MT argue that Cubes should be brought back for another year ( no shot at Cubes here, he is what he is and he gives it full effort and works hard ).

So I would love to know. Did MB say Beaulieu was a Do Not Play and just changed his mind, or was MT the guy who wasn't interested in playing him. If it was MB then bad on him but at least he didn't trade him.

If it was MT who wasn't playing him then my bet is it was MB who made the call to put him in because if Beaulieu was put in and played badly you could blame lack of playing, but if he played well then the questions would pop up about why he wasn't being played. So MT would look bad.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote