View Single Post
Old
03-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
i think there are 3 players that could be scratched and one who could be hurt, straka could be hurt but he came back to play and actually had a few really good chances (deflection and shot). im sure he is in pain but i think he will suck it up

isbister, orr, and ortmeyer (yep jed) would be the 3 players who i think could be scratched in favor of callahan

isbister makes the most sense, since callahan could jump into a scoring line spot since straka or prucha could be moved up to play with the nylander-jagr tandem and callahan takes a vacant spot in a chance to score

i dont think renney will dress callahan on the 4th line, he will not score any goals with betts and hollweg and renney knows it, thats an energy line and nothing more

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-callahan
avery-dubinsky-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-orr

thats what i hope we see, could see avery on the top lin3 and straka on the 3rd as well

but i dont see callahan getting icetime on the 4th line, he was called up to score he needs to play with playmakers
If Straka's hurt, it's pretty simple. Callahan plays. To me, I don't care whether he gets 5 minutes or 15 minutes at this stage of the game but IF Straka is out, he will be on the 2nd or 3rd line getting Dubi like minutes (Cally-Dubi-Isbister)..

If everybody (straka, Holly) is a go, the only two possibilities to be benched are Isbister and Orr...Isbister just provides much more flexibility and a better hockey player that could allow Renney to adjust within a game....Holly and Orr together are just too one dimensional

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote