View Single Post
05-13-2014, 11:25 PM
Iron Duke
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Isn't Muller a guy known for his defensive schemes and insight? To assist a defensive-minded coach that couldn't get the VERY talented bluesers past the first round..... wonder why it wouldn't be very well recieved?

Personally think Hitch is on the hottest seat in the NHL next year, unless the Pens crap-the-bed but don't let Bylsma go. That Blues team has a bunch of talent, brought in guys to fill holes, and still..... I know it's the defending champ 'hawks, but not-so-sure they shouldn't have lost that first round.
Don't think it matters who they put behind the bench, I just don't know if that roster has what it takes. That core group, including Oshie, Berglund, etc... have underachieved under Andy Murray, Davis Payne, and now Hitchcock. I see them very much like I saw the Sharks or Capitals over the years--ton of talent, excellent regular season team, and just don't have the horses to get it done in the post-season. Maybe the likes of Schwarz and Tarasenko will take them in a different direction, but I think they need to shake up some of the core personnel a bit.