View Single Post
Old
03-15-2007, 07:32 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Well, we DO officially have a goalie controversy now, eventhough Mason didn't win last night

I heard a Trotz clip this morning on XM saying....."when it comes to the playoffs we are going to play the goalie that is playing best and we feel has the best chance of getting the job done....if it is Chris, then he will play.....if it is Tomas, then he will play.....multiple factors will go into the decision."

Then the paper today.....

"We're getting to that point in the season where whoever can get hot will be the goalie," he said.

"Ideally? Who knows?" he said with a wrinkled forehead. "I've done it both ways. I really can't answer it.

"I've done it where I've had one guy go all the way. I've done it the other way where I had two guys and they alternated. So when it's time to cross that path we will."

Mason says he prefers a starter to be named.....Vokoun is not quoted......

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../703150410/1028

I am somewhat surprised he came out in the media with this a this particular time, but I think there is a method to his madness.
I have a couple theories, based on a couple of statements made in confidence and some observations, but can't really say more than that right now.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote