View Single Post
Old
05-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Jessiman like McIlrath had a major knee issue early to deal with. Jessiman missed pretty much a whole year of college rehabbing it. He never really got his game back before he turned pro. His first two seasons Hugh spent considerable time in Charlotte--then in the ECHL. McIlrath has never been to the ECHL--even after coming off of kneecap displacement injury he stepped into the lineup halfway through 12-13 not fully 100% and played pretty well considering in the second half. This past year he improved off of that.

Jessiman had real balance issues on his skates. He eventually turned into an average AHL'er. McIlrath has some balance issues too. He's better than an average AHL player now--he is a good AHL'er. McIlrath plays the harder position. He's still a work in progress. Not expecting Dylan to make the Rangers out of training camp. I can see him called up to the Rangers next year if and when the need arises. When he does make the Rangers I expect he'll be bottom pairing for a while anyway.

Anyway I remember Jessiman in training camp--going into the corners being outmaneuvered and pushed off the puck by sometimes much smaller guys. I remember when Steve Downie schooled him in a fight--these were issues about balance more than anything. McIlrath needs to work on his edges a bit more but he doesn't have nearly the issues that Jessiman had. You don't want to go into the corners or get caught along the boards by McIlrath and the likes of Steve Downie would have got planted with a little cross over the spot where he died if he ever tangled with Dylan.
I'm pretty sure Jessiman's injury as an ankle issue, not a knee one, but I'm just nitpicking.