View Single Post
Old
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
I still don't understand the move to Newark. Put it this way, they aren't going to get more fans down there. Most Devils fans are in NY and Northern Jersey. All they are doing is making the commute longer. That coupled with it being in a pretty bad area and I just can't see how they will do any better than they currently are. If anything they'll do worse. I was talking to a Devils fan that I know. I was like, so what are you going to do when the Devils move to Newark? He was like, I won't go to any games, I'll tell you that.

North Jersey = Devils/Rangers
South Jersey = Philly

Central Jersey is a mix of everything I guess.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Devils either move back to Continental or move out of the area completely within 5 to 10 years.
I don't have any firm evidence on the exact number of fans but I think you need to add in Central New Jersey to your list (Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean counties). I think there are a ton of Devil fans in this area. Of course, there are also a lot of Ranger fans and sprinkling of Islander fans. So, for Devil fans in this area, it's very convenient to get to Newark by using NJ Transit instead of driving up the Parkway to the Turnpike.

Heck, it's easier for me to get to a Ranger game in NY than a Devil game in New Jersey and I live in New Jersey.

The Philly fans are usually down in the Cherry Hill area and AC area.