View Single Post
Old
03-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Well thank God the fans get to relieve stress. Fan stress release is far more important than a team trying it make it into the playoffs. In fact maybe the fans should just start booing as soon as the Rangers step onto the ice instead of the opposing team. I mean how great would that stress relief be?

"And I'm willing to bend and say it tightens up the players, makes them nervous."

The fact that you somewhat agree that booing your team does nothing good is what really makes me scratch my head. You'll take the time to critisize me, rip through my post, and try to knock me off the so called "soapbox" for saying something that you somewhat agree with???? So again, is it becuase I was the new guy, or were you really offended that I said i was classless to boo?

And for the record, i never tried to come in here and preach Ranger fan ediquette, but instead came here to talk hockey with Ranger fans. That is what this place is for correct?

"Well thank God the fans get to relieve stress. Fan stress release is far more important than a team trying it make it into the playoffs. In fact maybe the fans should just start booing as soon as the Rangers step onto the ice instead of the opposing team. I mean how great would that stress relief be?"

I won't be addressing the sarcasm any longer. So save it for someone else. That's not to say I won't provide my own brand of sarcasm, I just won't be responding to yours.

"The fact that you somewhat agree that booing your team does nothing good is what really makes me scratch my head. You'll take the time to critisize me, rip through my post, and try to knock me off the so called "soapbox" for saying something that you somewhat agree with???? So again, is it becuase I was the new guy, or were you really offended that I said i was classless to boo?"

No I somewhat agree that booing can have an adverse reaction; however, I question its profundity. What I DON'T agree with is the Sacred Cow speech about Nylander and your position that people who boo are classless. I have a problem with soapbox sermons, and find it particularly irksome when it's coming from a new member. You've barely been here long enough to have a cup of coffee yet here you are lecturing us about the proper way to show fan support. Perhaps that wasn't your intention, but that's certainly the way it came off. On this board, tone is everything. We're not sitting across from each other. I can't hear your words; I can't see your face. Here the most well intentioned post can easily come off seeming snotty and/or mean-spirited.

"And for the record, i never tried to come in here and preach Ranger fan ediquette, but instead came here to talk hockey with Ranger fans."

Well, telling people that they have no business criticizing Nylander and that booing at a home game is disgraceful and classless kind of contradicts that.
I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion. I disagree with it, but respect it as such. However, I do believe that some things are better left unsaid. Coming on here and telling people they're classless makes that list, IMO.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote