View Single Post
Old
03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I understand not wanting generalizations and derogatory comments like euro-trash and whatever. But Euro's and North Americans play two different styles of hockey. That's a fact. You can't just say hockey is hockey. That's like saying a zone and man-to-man are the same in basketball, "ohh well it's still basketball". The difference in styles of play is an issue and is something that should be allowed to be discussed as is plays a role in the cohesiveness and style of play of this team. If that's not allowed to be discussed then I think this is wrong. Insulting anyone for any reason of nationality or whatever is unacceptable. But if it's done in an appropriate manner I still feel like this is something that should be allowed to be talked about. Just me though.
Agreed. It undermines the dialogue we have here on hfboards. There can be a reasonable discussion about the difference between european and north american hockey that includes generalizations without being derogatory to one side or the other.