View Single Post
Old
02-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
I love this... now all of a sudden we have a statistic for "quality shots." This is the N - H - L, all shots are pretty much quality, and ALL shots (whether you define them as quality or not) have to have someone to get in front of them.

And I'm not blind to the play of the team... let's figure something here... what do the Flyers usually give up in the way of shots per game? Not 36! Some where in the low to mid 20's... So how can you argue the "defensive play" of the Flyers in the Devils game, when they gave up 36 shots? So I don't even see how the argument of "good defense" has any merit, because 36 shots, no matter where they're from, is not "good."

There is game stat for shots and scoring chances. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that every shot is not a quality scoring chance. The Devils didn't generate a ton of good quality scoring chances against us. They had a few and Nitty held up well, I also agree we should keep him up but there are obviously reasons for him to go down if he's going...again if I knew hockey like our coaching staff, then maybe I'd question more front office decisions. The bright side is Esche will return and we'll be as solid as we've ever been in goal...well, since Hexxy's early departure anyways.