View Single Post
Old
03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
If someone want to say "Jagr is so soft!" then that is fine, but the, "Get rid of the euro-trash", "Damn these Europeans and their soft hockey!", stuff is no longer permitted. NO generalizations aren't tolerated.
I hate to be a stickler for details, but you might want to revise this sentence or else people might use it against you...

As far as censorship is concerned, I never thought I would see the day when an internet message board would be censored. While I can see the merit of having ground rules in place, I feel like rules such as these seriously undermine what makes the web so great.

Moderators are meant to be traffic cops - you are here to close/redirect threads that are repetitive/superfluous/whatever with the hope of maintaining bandwidth. You are not the FCC (not that I would be willing to bow to you even if you were).

Words are words, and if you are seriously "hurt" or bothered by the inane ramblings of what are most likely high school students posted on internet message boards, then I truely feel bad for you.