View Single Post
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Believe In Henke
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Originally Posted by
my take on some of the issues regarding coaching...
1. renney's never and i mean never had a problem with getting this team to work hard. his problems arise with getting consistent execution of his system and line combos/d-pairings.
2. his strength has been development. ppl can nitpick over a player here and there, but he's gotten results out of the young guys and if they weren't listening to him(lundmark, and for a lot of this season pock) they don't get the time. you can argue whether pock should be playing the whole season or not but the fact is he's looked a whole lot better in his recent stint that at points earlier.
3. i have believed for a while that he's under a "make the playoffs or you're out as coach" edict. it's just not as broadcasted out loud as with previous coaches here, which should be a compliment.
4. while i wouldn't shed a tear if he's out, i think he's already accomplished what he set out to do when he was hired as coach. he's brought a ton of respect and pride back in the logo and is easily seen as the shining light of management. a part of me thinks he should be back so he can coach a presumably more healthy jagr and what should be an even more talented team next season when i hope expectations will be high again.
5. however, if he's not back i'm on record as giving a call to
. please don't laugh.
You had me all the way up until PQ. He's a flounder.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Bluenote13