View Single Post
Old
03-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
As anyone who's been pushing for the rangers to finally develop young talent, I'm getting the feeling we might have hit the motherlode the last three years. Last year established Henke, Tyuts and Prucha as legit NHL players. And, in watching Dubi, Cally and Girardi, I think we have three more players will be on the Rangers next year. You what I really liked? Both Dubi and Callahan paid no respect to Kovalchuk. Both hit him when they had a chance. Anyway, the Avery-Cullen-Callahan line is next year's 3rd line. And, Dubinsky shows he is a very viable candidate for 2nd line center next year. And, I'll admit that Girardi is a lot better player than I originally give him credit for being. And, we going to see Staal, Sauer, Pyatt and Dupont in Hartford next...possibly even Anisimov...so much to be excited about as a Ranger fan.
Solid Post Jas.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. The guys who are supposed to be some of our brighter lights are not even in HFD yet. Add to this list guys like Russell and Olver and you have to wonder if some folks days in HFD may be numbered. I think you alluded to this earlier. This might in part explain the 9 shot performance from Immo tonight. Pressure is a good thing.

Dubi and Cally are playing solid for the Rangers right now, but what is also impressive is that two years ago they were ranked somewhere near the bottom of our top 20. I don't think they were in our top ten. Some one can check that. Girardi was not even part of the organizarion then. That's three pretty pleasant surprises for Rangers fans. Could there be more?

The Rangers system would appear to be under rated, but I'm not concerned. I like better the idea of coming out of nowhere to surprise people.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote