Thread: Renney's Future
View Single Post
Old
03-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Look, something's wrong with us late in games. If you don't want to blame it on work ethic than you have to put it somewhere. Mental toughness? System? Mistakes?
Confidence got some part in it. If we have had a 2-0 lead, the other team makes it 2-1, right away we start looking a bit more shaky.

Thought, the big reason is probably why we haven't been able to overcome the confidence issues, that practically were created in the Florida/Tampa losses right after christmas, we weren't loosing all that many leads up to that, and we didn't last season either.

Quote:
It doesn't all fall on Renney but to absolve him is silliness. I don't want to imply that this is what you are saying but it is out there in some of these posts.
It probably gets that way on a message board, I don't post about everything that I got a opinion on, I post about what I think is important, right now I kind of feel thats defending Renney, since I defenitly don't think he should be fired. I think thats the downside with Internet, it gets so black and white.

I on the other hand defenitly don't think he should even be considered for the Jack Adams, I defenitly didn't think he deserved it last season either.

But for us, right now, I think he is one of the absolute better fits in the World for us.

Quote:
Besides, no team or coach can state that his team is never outworked. That's a load of bull. 82 games is a long season and no team ever can make a claim like that.
Yeah, it were sloppy for me to post that. I agree 100% with you. I get to watch the Red Wings allot here in Sweden, have for the past decade.

Even in their prime, they had allot of long and for them misserable stretches. Were they often starts with very uninspired play, sleepwalking ect. Still they often keep it close, and then turns it on for 15-20 minutes and wins the game. If they get a opertunity to kill a game, they take it right away.

IMO, teams that can win games while playing poor are great teams.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote