View Single Post
Old
03-17-2007, 10:12 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I found some info on Anisimov. (http://www.rushockey.com/)

He have played allot with Mikhnov after he were returned to Europe from Edmonton pretty late in the season. Aleksi Mikhnov were a 1st round pick of Edm in 2000, he got a great mix of size (6'6) and really soft hands aroung the net. Mikhnov aren't really a typical finesse player, he usually parks infront of the net where he is pretty good. He actually reminds me somewhat of Hugh Jessiman.

Thoose two then got paired with 36 y/o Aleksei Kudashov. Kudashov is a really experienced skilled center/winger who have had a really good career in Europe, and even played a season for Toronto Maple Leafs in 93/94. Kudashov's career looked like it had come to an end last season though when he only had 3 assists in 21 games for his new team Khimik Mytischy after not beeing offered a contract by his old team, CSKA Moscow. Kudashov have been around forever and got picked up during the season by Lokomotiv, I think he were "brought out of retirement".

Mikhonov-Anisimov-Kudashov have been Lokomotiv Yaroslav's 1st line lately, they must have developed tremendous chemistry, and have led Lokotiv in the games before the PO's, and had a terrific series against Dynamo Moscow.

For Anisimov to, at the age of 18, center a 1st line for a classic Russian team in the PO's is pretty big. Gotta love it.
Maybe Anisimov could turn into a poor-man's Malkin