View Single Post
Old
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Not one person who is watching Hartford games thinks MCI=Jessiman. The rest need to shut up. If you don't watch a player and your opinion of him is vastly different than that of all those who do, then your opinion is very likely wrong.
QFT. People just see size and 1st round pick and a couple of injuries make that association, couldn't be further from the truth.

When McIlrath was drafted everyone knew he was 4 years away. A guy in his role, that plays the way he does, needs to be man strong before he can contribute in the NHL. My original guess was that he would need about 120-160 reps in the AHL before he can be a part time NHL D.

The Rangers have a guy that was brought along exactly the same way in Nashville in Kevin Klein. McIlrath isn't too far off, but defensemen need to play a mistake free game. Dylan is almost there... he will have another off-season to fully mature physically and should be tough to play against next year.

With all that said, the most NHL ready Defenseman in the farm is Conor Allen... but unfortunately he carries a $1.7M cap hit, so he will be an injury call up. Same with Dylan, depending on who is out. My gut tells me Dylan sees 20-30 NHL games next year.