View Single Post
Old
05-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I'm going to take the players' side on this. The teams are getting a large increase in their revenue and they're offering peanuts. These players put their health on the line and many leave the game with lingering injuries that affect them for life. There are individual hockey, NFL and basketball players who out-earn entire CFL teams. There is a lack of respect here sometimes for these athletes and their abilities but there are some very good athletes playing a great sport - I think it is - and they deserve more of this money.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I agree.

Now what we really want to know is how many wins are the Esks going to end up with this year?

I'm sure Winnipeg can't help but be better this year, and we only play the Redblacks twice. Maybe a surprise win somewhere. Add a garbage time season finale win against a resting playoff-bound team.

I haven't forgotten how thoroughly dominated we were in nearly every game, before we'd scrape a few TDs against the ol' Prevent Nothing defense.

Any other CFL team, I'd buy a pair of season tickets, knowing I'd only make 5-6 games, and call it money well spent. The Esks...just an absolutely classless, clueless organization.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote