View Single Post
Old
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
So what that Shanny could be back? What does that have to do with Dubinsky? Seems to me that Isbister could be in Hartford or Orr not dressed. Playing Dubinsky 10-13 minutes per night between the 2nd & 3rd line would be good, not bad for his development. Yes, he has had his cup of coffee. But he has also showd that he belongs. Can you really come up with a reason that Isbister (who has not played badly, IMO) or Orr should be dressing instead of the kid? Both him and Callahan have showed that they belong.
I thought Callahan was a career 3rd or 4th liner? They are all close to being permanent additions. No one is arguing that. Isbister has one ingredient coaches favor, experience. It is a double edge sword, in that a young player can not gain experience if they do not play, but, at this time of the year coaches defer to experience. I don't necessarily agree, but that is what happens at this time of the year. If not, why did teams trade away assets for veterans at the trading deadline?

Problem is Dubi is not playing 15 minutes a game here. He's playing 5-10 and that IMO is not sufficient to warrant his staying. I'm thinking long term. If we make the playoffs, fine, if not fine. It is apparent for al to see that we do have prospects and that many are very close and many will make an impact on this team. The Ranger world will not crash and burn if Dubi and Callahan don't stay for the rest of the year.
They are all here because of injuries. Some on emergency recalls and those do not last forever. Eventually those players must be returned and then they can be recalled under normal recall procedures.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote