View Single Post
Old
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I thought Callahan was a career 3rd or 4th liner?
So what if the thought is that Callahan is a future 3rd liner? What's the big deal? And what does that have to do with the conversation at hand?
Quote:
Isbister has one ingredient coaches favor, experience. It is a double edge sword, in that a young player can not gain experience if they do not play, but, at this time of the year coaches defer to experience.
Strudwick has experience also. That does not mean that he is anything but a 7th defenseman. I do not think that Isbister has played poorly, however, I would like to know that he brings to the table that Dubinsky does not?
Quote:
Problem is Dubi is not playing 15 minutes a game here. He's playing 5-10 and that IMO is not sufficient to warrant his staying.
5 minutes, no. 10-13 should be sufficient. At this time of year, Renney should be rolling 4 lines as players are tired. There is no reason to have players play onlyl 5 minutes per night. Especially if they have shown themselves to be effective.
Quote:
They are all here because of injuries.
Yes, they are here becuase of injuries, but once they have arrived here and have shown themselves to be effective, why not stay here?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote